Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Yes, I can...

Two years ago...

My political science professor : No I for one shall not stand by the Gay movement, why, you ask me? Today you shall ask for freedom and equal rights for LGBT and the clause which allows it is - between consenting adults. Tomorrow there might be debates regarding Paedophilic relationships, between consenting adult and child!!!

Me : (realized what she just said and reminded myself to shut my gaping wide open mouth)
But then that is another thing completely, that's least likely to happen, that's not even the central issue!

.... after the lecture ended..

A gay guy friend : Did you read about the gay professor who was murdered?

Me : urrm.. yes..

friend : That's what happens when a gay gets a little to comfortable around homophobes, the world we live in belongs to the enemy, we must live carefully. we must lookout for just the likes of us. After all is said and done, all we have got left is US.

Me : No, that i do not believe, you are trying to tell me that the future is all of this, only!

friend : This is the way things are, you can't change existential nature, you aren't god!

Me : Change is Nature dear! The part that we impact and it starts when we decide. 

I have decided...
There is some adventure, some risk in the discovery and defence of the new.
The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, but the new needs friends, last night I experienced something new. 
I for the first time felt the need to think anew, to stop merely existing, so do trees for that matter and yet they are regarded with much more importance nowadays.This feeling has rocked me to the core, shaking me up from the slow silent death that I was presenting to myself as each day passed on.
I have made no secret of my distaste for all things girly, but today I have convinced a homophobe (no thanks to her religious beliefs) to think differently.

There are a lot of ideas and thoughts floating vigorously in my mind, I considered that if I started thinking differently maybe I could change myself, but I guess it ain't working like that... So.. here's to me getting back to my true identity with a vengeance!




No comments:

Post a Comment