Thursday, January 13, 2011

Knock knock... whos this?... its the damned survivor in you, open up NOW!

"Knock knock... who's this?... its the damned survivor in you, open up NOW!"


Miserable me: WTF!


Survivor in me: stop your effing, sit up and listen. You've had your time, you've done enough damage, you may leave now, I need to clean up the mess.


Miserable me: You think I do this on purpose? To gain undue attention, you think I love living in the dumps of my mind? You have no fuckin idea, how difficult it is to be all cooped up inside someone. To not be able to breathe, think, dream, do anything without thinking twice about it. All you know is to butt in and show how efficient you are and cause this physical existence to keep existing! What do you achieve? A needless, hopeless existence? Have you even wondered whether I want to be saved, whether I want to survive...


(Survivor in me, cuts off Miserable me, midway)


Survivor in me:  Yes, indeed! You need to be saved... look at yourself... not eating, drinking properly for the past week, giving undue tension to your family, friends. Where do you think all your act is taking you? You want the curtains to drop even before the 2nd Act is performed? So far so good, you have learnt the tricks of trade to successfully live a human life despite all odds, accept my hearty congratulations! But you're not bowing away so soon. There is definitely a reason why you still live on, however miserably it might be.


Miserable me: But it has gone on too far... it has been all too much...


Sindhu tai Sapkal... what did u expect to see?
a well  tailored woman, sitting in a high backed chair in a luxurious NGO office?
this woman is the real deal,
"THE ULTIMATE SURVIVOR"
Survivor in me: cut it out, snap out of it... There are people out there in worse situations than yours, like look at Sindhu tai Sapkal- an unwanted girl child... married forcefully at the age of just 9, abandoned at 20 when she was pregnant, gave birth to a child inside a cowshed and no there were no angels beside her! Tried suiciding twice, each time the crying of her only daughter got her back... She altered her name, started adopting street girls, sharing whatever food, shelter, clothing she had with her, just imagine how difficult it must have been for her. She wrote about her life in a book, was asked to give a speech in California! She has been awarded with many laurels, the prize money she used it all on her adopted orphans, not a penny on herself. Today many of the children that she adopted are well educated lawyers and doctors, and some including her biological daughter are running their independent orphanages.


Miserable me: (Vanishes abruptly!)

Survivor in me: *smiles victoriously*

1 comment:

  1. I want to watch the movie 'mee Sindhu tai Sapkal' directed by Ananth Narayan Mahadevan ... Amazingly true story!

    ReplyDelete