Wednesday, July 4, 2012

a dying man's word you must keep...

Strike me if you wish to,
But, strike my heart deep.
That's where the pain is...
If a dying man's word you must keep.

In a single strike release me,
May you not have to stab me
Over & over again,
For the pain will continue in vain,
While death defies me from my sleep...
I hope A dying man's words u will keep.

Let my death be absolute & ultimate,
I ask not for rebirth nor for change in fate...

For it is better to embrace nothingness in death,
Than to keep going nowhere in blind faith.

For me who has cared neither for silks or gold,
Care no more to live till I grow old.

And if my words make your heart fail your guts,
Then hand me the poison vial without any ifs & buts.
Make sure it be deadly that which touches my lip,
Foremost Burns my heart very deep,
So that I feel nothing nor do I weep...
I hope a dyin' man's words you will keep.

3 comments:

  1. Someone who wishes you wellDecember 4, 2012 at 10:27 PM

    That was a wonderful poem, but also had way too much pain in it. Take care, and once again, please take care...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind appreciation 'Someone who wishes you well'.

    Your anonymity intrigues me, yet, I'm fond of fiction and so won't ask of revelations from you.

    However, I'd be greatly honored to hold a simple conversation with you sometime.

    P.S. Doesn't the coldness of death sometimes feel warmer, more appealing than the indifference of life?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "P.S. Doesn't the coldness of death sometimes feel warmer, more appealing than the indifference of life?"

    I have been there (at least in state of the mind) and fortunately someone helped me out. Along the way I am realizing that everyone has something special in them that must flower, for their own sake. Not for the sake of anyone else, but purely for the sake of the wonderful soul that resides in your body. The harder the process the better the result. History is also testimony to that. You too will find all the happiness and you that you desire and deserve.

    I too will certainly be very happy and honored to hold a conversation with you someday, but for now please do let me stay in anonymity.

    Just in case you are wondering - we have never met before. I stumbled upon your blog, and felt like reaching out.

    Take care...
    Someone who wishes you well

    ReplyDelete